Saturday, December 09, 2006

Breaking 4 Boards for my RED belt!

After 4 1/2 years of taking Tae Kwon Do I tested for my Red Belt tonight. It was a pretty hard test, a little over 2 hrs.

Testing included:

  • Techniques: sorta of like Simon Sez. High blocks, Low blocks, etc.
  • Forms: Forms are series of Techniques that are put together into a form. I had to do, 8 of them. Wow, that's a lot of work. Some forms have 38 moves.
  • Self-Defense: Someone grabs your wrist, neck, chokes you, etc. You have to get out of it.
  • One-Steps: Its like a slow motion fight, one punch at a time.
  • Sparring: This is a fight, you against your opponent.
  • Breaking: this is what you see above. You start out breaking 1 board for every solid belt level. Yellow/Green/Blue/Red = 4 boards, Black = 5 Boards!! Gonna be interesting to break 5.
All in all it was a great test. I want to thank everyone who has helped my prepare. The next year will be really interesting, i hope to test for my Black belt sometime in October of this coming year.

No comments: